Conscious Capitalism 101- 10/25/18
805 SW Broadway, #900, Portland, OR 97205
Are you new to Conscious Capitalism? Maybe you like what you’ve heard, but don’t think you really understand what it’s all about?
Do you know someone who would like to learn about Conscious Capitalism?
This session is a beginner’s introduction to Conscious Capitalism, focused on covering four principles (higher purpose, stakeholder orientation, conscious leadership, and conscious culture). It is specifically for those who want to get a basic understanding. It will be a small group (limited to 25 people), with a 1-hour presentation + time for Q&A.
It’s a chance to come and learn, invite a friend, or bring a friend to learn what it’s all about.
Note: This is not an all-in community event. Our next community event will be coming up in late November. More to come soon!
- Check In: 5:30-5:45PM
- Intro to Conscious Capitalism: 5:45-6:45PM
- Q&A + Connection time with others: 6:45-7:30PM
Snacks and beverages will be provided. On street parking is available or ride the Max (event location is 1 block from Pioneer Square Max stop).
Portions of this event will be filmed, if you do not wish to appear on camera, please let us know.
"Creating Psychological Safety at Work" Panel Discussion
9/26/18- Migration Brewing
We got to meet with an amazing trio of panelists that discussed their experience with facilitating a safe work experience in their companies. We enjoyed some great snacks, beer, and company as our group discussion explored how to be an effective leader within this effort and why it's important that both large and small companies include this in their curriculums.
"Closing the Loop" Film Screening and Discussion
6/28/18- Portland State University
The key takeaway message from Closing the Loop is that moving to a circular economy is not only essential and urgent, but also entirely possible, if we take inspiration from the pioneers, such as those featured in the film, and scale up similar business models, product innovations and customer solutions around the world.
"Prosperity" Film Screening and Discussion
5/30/18- Bloodworks Live Studio
We had a Portland premiere showing of Pedram Shojai's eye-opening documentary about an important companies that are tackling the issues of triple bottom line business practices.
This was followed by a group discussion and panelist presentations by local conscious capitalist leader and innovators.
CCP Community Evening - Values
4/25/18- 100 SW Market St.
We had a fun evening of open networking and exploration of company values and how they shape the way we live, at work and at home.
Elevate Business 2018 Conference
- A “deep dive” into Conscious Capitalism and its principles from one of its founders. Learning how the Portland business community represents these values and see compelling evidence that supports this approach to doing business.
-Connections with a variety of local companies, business partners, and professionals who know that business can be a force for good in the world.
-Igniting passions for positive business and decisions on what you need to do next to apply these principles in your own business or team.
- International thought leader/keynote speaker and co-founder of Conscious Capitalism, Raj Sisodia. Raj is the author of numerous conscious business titles including Conscious Capitalism and Firms of Endearment. He is FW Olin Distinguished Professor of Global Business at Babson College.
- Portland business leader David Howitt, founder and CEO of The Meriwether Group, a private equity, business accelerator, and advisory firm committed to changing how human values are expressed in business. David and his wife created and built Oregon Chai, a beloved NW brand.